Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
W650.deW650 ForumW-Tour/Treff-Kalender
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 39 Antworten
und wurde 1.282 mal aufgerufen
 W650/W800 Technik Bereich
Seiten 1 | 2 | 3
JeanRoule Offline

04.05.2006 17:25
#16 RE: Ventiele einstellen Antworten

Hab ich selber gemacht bei 12000 und alles war OK. Wenn Du ein bisschen schrauben kannst, brauchst Du keine Angst zu haben es selber zu machen aber wenn Du es noch nie gemachst hast, würde ich bestimmt raten zum händler zu gehen oder es zusammen zu machen mit jemandem der schon mahl Ventile gestellt hat (nicht bedingt auf einer W)

Irgend im Netz (und wahrscheinlich auch auf meinem PC) gibt es eine sehr gute anleitung mit Bilder. Wenn Du willst schau ich mahl ob ich die finden kann.

J

Bonny Offline

04.05.2006 17:36
#17 RE: Ventiele einstellen Antworten

Ja, was kostete es denn nu ?

Bonny

dieter-w Offline

04.05.2006 20:19
#18 RE: habs grad... Antworten
In Antwort auf:
machen lassen, für kleines geld beim freundlichen kawadealer um die ecke...
dafür stell ich mich nicht hin...

Gerade das Selberschrauben ist doch auch ein Teil des Reizes, ein Mopped zu fahren.

JeanRoule Offline

04.05.2006 20:23
#19 RE: Ventiele einstellen Antworten

W650 Valve Check and Adjustment Tips

This is by no means an attempt to describe all that you need to have and do in order to check and adjust the valve clearance on a W650. These are just some additional tips on the whole procedure and many of these are just seconding advice that I got from Chris’ procedure or from other listers.

Start with Calamari Chris’ directions: http://www.chrisandlisachan.com/w650/valveadj.htm

Locate ahead of time:
If you want to finish the job fairly quickly, find a local source for buying or trading shims, in case you need to replace any. These take more than a week to get if ordered from Ron Ayers.

Purchase ahead of time:
A torque wrench that covers the needed range. Just do it. Got mine at Sears. For engine work you’ll need one with a smaller range than what you need for an axle or a swingarm.

A magnetic pickup tool for retrieving and replacing the shims is an absolute necessity! Sears has them.

The Three Bond 1211 silicone sealer for the half moons on the valve cover gasket. Kawasaki has superseded the previous Kawabond part #, with this product, simply part # 1211, I think. It’s expensive. Ron Ayers has it: http://www.ronayers.com/browseparts.cfm?searchstring=1211.

A micrometer or caliper for measuring the shims. The identifying markings that were on the shims originally will be worn off, so you need a way of measuring them. I used http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Di...temnumber=47256, a cheap digital caliper from Harbor Freight that displays both inches and metric. Not a super quality tool, but sufficient. Remember to turn it off when you’re done!

Procedure tips:
Be careful when removing the two plugs on the left side of the engine casing. Maybe use a big coin, clamped in vise-grips and shielded with a layer of cloth to remove the plugs without marking them. Find something that fits snugly into the slot (but cover it with cloth), so you’re not putting a lot of pressure on a small area of the aluminum plug.

Be careful when removing the bevel gear cover – the two nylon washers in back will try to fall out and run away when you pull out the Allen bolts. And after the two bolts are out, lift the cover up in order to remove it from the pin it sits on.

Take the time to remove the coil above the engine – this will give you much more room to work.

Be careful when removing the valve cover - you really want the rubber gasket to stay stuck to the valve cover. You may have to pry the gasket half moons up with your fingernails as you lift the valve cover off – don’t just pull the valve cover up while leaving the bottom of the half moons still glued to the engine – this will try to pull the gasket from the head cover.

As per Chris’ suggestion: remove, measure and record all of the shim thicknesses. Also record all gap measurements. This will greatly simplify future adjustments.

Be very careful to return the rockers to their original location after you have pushed one or two of them aside to remove or replace a shim. Be especially careful of the exhaust rockers after you’ve shifted one of them and shifted an inlet rocker in order to access an inlet shim. When you let go of it, the inlet rocker will return of its own accord but the exhaust rocker may not. You’ll understand when you get a look inside. I also had one rocker that would hang up on the edge of its shim when it tried to slide back into position – I had to help it a bit.

I removed the spark plug wells as per Chris’s instructions. They are truly a bear to remove without marking anything up. Then I saw a note on the list saying no need to remove them at all, and as far as I can see, that’s true – you shouldn’t need to remove them. Next time I’ll try just leaving them alone. If you do remove them: be patient, twist them so you have something to grab on to, keep applying upward pressure and don’t use any metal tools – try a piece of wood (gently) if you can’t get them with your hands.

I decided to replace my sparkplugs, since I was in there anyway. I’ll keep the old ones as spares.

Ray Neilsen suggests not rotating the crank with any shims removed (I’m not sure why), so one-at-a-time I removed, measured and replaced all of the shims on one side of the engine, rotated the crank and did the other side.

(NOTE: Ray later wrote;
I'd worry about the valve rocker rubbing against the valve collar and keeper while opening the valve during that rotation and possibly scuffing or scraping the rocker arm. I'm not sure it will happen, but I've had it happen with a Yamaha where I rotated the engine without a shim atop the bucket -- itscuffed the camshaft and the bucket.
From the Moderators).

As Chris suggests, use a finger to force a bend into the feeler gauge before the gauge gets to the gap it’s measuring. If it approaches the gap at an angle, you may think that it won’t fit in when in fact it will. And oil the feeler gauge before inserting it.

Again, as Chris cautions, beware of multiple feeler gauges sticking together and really confusing you for a minute or two.

I spent a bit of time at my workbench, gently removing the old adhesive from the gasket half moons and cleaning the oil off so that the 1211 adhesive would adhere to it. Also clean and degrease the half moon mating surface on the engine.

JeanRoule Offline

04.05.2006 20:24
#20 RE: Ventiele einstellen Antworten

Damn Calamari's chris link is dead...ich schau nach...

mappen Offline

04.05.2006 20:51
#21 nööööö Antworten

tach

In Antwort auf:
Gerade das Selberschrauben ist doch auch ein Teil des Reizes, ein Mopped zu fahren.

heute nicht mehr... fahren is angesagt...

gas

markus

Wenn jemand gegen ein Minimum Aluminium immun ist, dann leidet er an einer Aluminiumminimumimmunität!

König-Welle Offline

04.05.2006 22:11
#22 da bewegte sich nix Antworten
Ich hab mir bei 12000 und bei 42000 km die Mühe gemacht das Spiel zu messen.
Beidemale exakt das selbe Spiel gemessen.
Sie stehen im oberen Toleranzbereich und so lange nix klappert, nehm ich den Deckel auch nicht mehr runter.
Für meinen Geschmack wird das mit der Spielkontrolle von den Herstellern absichtlich übertrieben. Na ja wegen einem Ölwechsel fährt ja auch kaum noch einer zur Inspektion.

Fahr V2 hab Spass dabei.

bleibxund Offline

04.05.2006 22:22
#23 RE: da bewegte sich nix Antworten

In Antwort auf:
im oberen Toleranzbereich

Wenn's nur so pauschal und allgemeingültig wäre.

Leider tendiert die 'junge W' bei den meisten anfangs zum unteren Toleranzbereich.
Nach der ersten Korrektur hält das dann aber lange vor.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--- Es lohnt nicht, gegen den Wind zu kämpfen, aber man kann Windmühlen bauen ---
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wännä Offline

04.05.2006 23:39
#24 RE: da bewegte sich nix Antworten

Moin Bleibxund,

danke für den Hinweis. Leuchtet logisch. Werde mein Ventilspiel mal kontrollieren jetzt.

Gruß

Wännä

Wdolli Offline

05.05.2006 06:22
#25 RE: da bewegte sich nix Antworten

Hallo Markus

Ich glaube Dich schon einmal gesehen zu haben. Folglich dessen wirst du vermutlich aus meiner Gegend sein.

Welcher freundliche KAWA Händler genießt den dein Vertrauen.

Ubrigens supi das Ihr euch alle für mich den Kopf zerbrecht!

Gruß

Torsten

mappen Offline

05.05.2006 06:56
#26 wie jetzt... Antworten
tach

In Antwort auf:
Ich glaube Dich schon einmal gesehen zu haben

...mit helm und erkannt? *ggg*

bin aus dem grossraum der vogesen

gas

markus

ps: kawasaki c+f in blieskastel... der frank is fit, sogar auf weh's ;-)

Wenn jemand gegen ein Minimum Aluminium immun ist, dann leidet er an einer Aluminiumminimumimmunität!

Wdolli Offline

05.05.2006 08:07
#27 RE: wie jetzt... Antworten

OK OK ich nehme alles zurück.

Ich bin aus dem Raum Friedberg. Kannst Du unmöglich gewesen sein. Vielleicht liegt es auch daran das Du dein Bild veröffentlicht hast, das begegnet einem im Forum auf Schritt und Tritt.

Gruß
Torsten

w-paolo Offline

05.05.2006 08:29
#28 RE: wie jetzt... Antworten

In Antwort auf:
grossraum der vogesen

Wie jetzt, biste schon konvertiert, mittlerweile ??

Endlich simmern nach Frankreich losgeworden !!!

Paulle.

mappen Offline

05.05.2006 08:32
#29 aber sicher.... Antworten

tach

In Antwort auf:
Endlich simmern nach Frankreich losgeworden !!!

...im odenwald sind mir zu viele hutträger unterwegs, die immer die
kurven zuparken

gas

markus

tom_s Online

05.05.2006 10:16
#30 RE: wie jetzt... Antworten

In Antwort auf:

Ich bin aus dem Raum Friedberg.

...wie Friedberg, in Bayern oder in Hessen?

Diese plöde Frage wäre bei ausgefülltem Profil nicht nötig gewesen

Falls Hessen: hier ist mit dem Motodrom der letzte (mir bekannte und gleichzeitig vernünftige) Kawa-Schrauber in der Wetterau den Weg allen Fleisches gegangen (vulgo: der Laden hat dicht gemacht)

Seitdem gehöre ich zu den Pilgern, die regelmäßig einen Vorwand suchen (und finden) nach Thüringen zu fahren.

Falls Bayern: Keine Ahnung....

Gruß
Thomas

...und ich sehe keinen Grund, warum Männer nicht das Gleiche leisten können wie Frauen.
Dr. Angela Merkel in der Neujahrsansprache 2006

Seiten 1 | 2 | 3
 Sprung  
Der-Amazon-LinkW650 ForumAsbest
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz