Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
W650.deW650 ForumW-Tour/Treff-Kalender
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 57 Antworten
und wurde 8.674 mal aufgerufen
 Estrella
Seiten 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
ursula Offline

23.05.2005 08:29
#31 RE:ESTRELLA THREAD IN ENGLISH Antworten

May thy humble servants welcome thee , Queen Claire - although I only ride a W

W650 - DoW und WWL-Befugte

Sorglos eilen wir in den Abgrund,nachdem wir etwas vor uns aufgebaut haben,was uns hindert,ihn zu sehen
(Blaise Pascal >Gedanken<
)

Claire Offline

23.05.2005 08:31
#32 RE:ESTRELLA THREAD IN ENGLISH Antworten

Don't you people sleep?

By the way what is the time?

C

pelegrino Offline

23.05.2005 08:36
#33 RE:ESTRELLA THREAD IN ENGLISH Antworten

In Antwort auf:
...what is the time?...
The actual time is on the left,right below ursulas picture (08:29 - twentynine minutes after eight a.m.)

(now 8:36)

Life is pretty boring when you take yourself too seriously!Thanks for that!

Claire Offline

23.05.2005 08:41
#34 RE:ESTRELLA THREAD IN ENGLISH Antworten

OK

It's 6.41pm here.

Hey I just read your bio, well read as much as I can without being able to speak or understand German. Did I see that you had/have a DT 175. That was my first bike many years ago.
Another useless piece of information passes through cyberspace

C

pelegrino Offline

23.05.2005 09:32
#35 RE:ESTRELLA THREAD IN ENGLISH Antworten

In Antwort auf:
...Did I see that you had/have a DT 175...
That's right - I got it as my first bike,too.It was a present from my brother - he used to live in Indonesia for 3 years,and he had a DT125 in that time and discovered the countryside on it.When he came back to Germany,he bought the DT175 here to do so with the local countryside.Now he drives a 350 Enduro,so I got the old one...
It was a good bike to become used to motorcycling,but it is too small for me (my weight is 120 Kg ),but I've it still - but it should be dismanteld and rebuilt some day.

Life is pretty boring when you take yourself too seriously!

Rodorinx Offline

23.05.2005 15:22
#36 RE:ESTRELLA THREAD IN ENGLISH Antworten

Hello everyone and Estrellitan,

I am ashamed that the Administrator of Japanese Estrella website is being negative to foreign language speaker.We, Japanese, should speak more English even though his or her grammar is not perfect. The important thing is not how to tell, but what to tell.

>I'm sure Kawasaki could develope the fine "Twin Estrella". How do you think?

I think Kawasaki had already developed "Twin Estrella".
That is W650. How do you think?

>You say that the Estrella is a rare bike in Japan?
>But there must have been about 50.000 in Japan?!

He meant that there is no such kind of a bike of 250cc class in Japan with the concept of old European style like Estrella.
So the amount of 50,000 has been sold and still on going.

Thanks & regards,

Rodorinx

dergelbeUlrich Offline

23.05.2005 19:49
#37 RE:ESTRELLA THREAD IN ENGLISH Antworten

Hello Rodorinx,

I am very glad that Kawasaki already has the 2-star twin Estrella - otherwise it would kill the W650, and I really like my W...

Personally I would be more interested to see the Estrella concept transferred to a 500 ccm single cylinder Super-Estrella **. But probably there would be no big market for it. What I really like, and which should be part of any "new" Estrella, is the left side of the engine - the one which reminds the mask of the "Phantom of the Opera".

And don't worry about the webmaster of the Estrella-site who doesn't like contributions in english. It probably reminds him difficult times when he was attending school.
U.

Ohne Rad/t kein Freud

Cadfael Offline

23.05.2005 22:59
#38 RE:ESTRELLA THREAD IN ENGLISH Antworten

Hi Rodorinx,

I don't know if the Administrator of Japanese Estrella website has been negative to foreign language speakers. Maybe it was just a forum error! He didn't delete my first two messages. Only Estrellitans question in English and my reply were deleted (after the forum was not reachable for two days).

After Uli posted the picture of the Meguro 250, I searched for its history on the internet. Maybe something like the ancestor of the Estrella. The funny thing is, that Meguro brought a 500 which looked nearly the same later! This was the "K1" - which was the "grandmother" of the W1 - which was the "grandmother" of the W650 ...

I agree with Ulrich. I love the Single of the Estrella and I don't know if a 500 Estrella-Twin would have the same charm. I think I first fell in love with the Estrella because of optical reasons - but since some years, I also love her because she is so small, weak and doesn't give a damn about "the spirit of time" or what's up-to-date ...

Best regards
Andreas
Achtung, dies ist die Stellungnahme eines notorisch oberlehrerhaften und besserwisserischen Dummschwätzers

Cadfael Offline

24.05.2005 09:17
#39 RE:ESTRELLA THREAD IN ENGLISH Antworten

Hi Estrellitan and Rodorinx,

had a look at the Japanese forum today.
Someone sent a message in Japanese about our German website.
Is this you Estrellitan? The first Japanese letters are the same as in the Japanese word "Estrella"! Well what did you or he say???

You might tell the members of the Japanese forum that they are welcomed to ask questions about the Estrella in Germany! If someone has a question and doesn't speak foreign languages, both of you might help as a mediator?!

Best regards
Andreas
Achtung, dies ist die Stellungnahme eines notorisch oberlehrerhaften und besserwisserischen Dummschwätzers

Estrellitan Offline

24.05.2005 15:20
#40 RE:ESTRELLA THREAD IN ENGLISH Antworten

Hi! Andreas! Yes, you're right. I've asked the reason why or opinion that our messages were deleted in the site. Someone says it may be system error. Still only one reaction, but I expect more reactions. I think everybody would like to communicate each other in common language on same theme if possible. Estrella is a good sample, I think.
By the way, I'm a completely weekend rider. It's very important thing for me to refresh myself and now if possible I'd like to take a small trip with Estrella. But "No chance" because of a lot of work and I have to be a good
father.

Tks.and best rgds

Estrellitan

ursula Offline

24.05.2005 19:06
#41 RE:ESTRELLA THREAD IN ENGLISH Antworten

In Antwort auf:
we call her URSULEYKA.

in the english-speaking world of Ws I'm actually known as "Ursula- the teutonic twister"
But that really is another story

Claire - glad to know there's more girls like us around the world - we'll really have to meet someday - there's also a few of us in the states and in the UK - maybe we'll manage to get together somehow

W650 - DoW und WWL-Befugte

ich bin aber auch so pöse pöse!!

Claire Offline

25.05.2005 01:51
#42 RE:ESTRELLA THREAD IN ENGLISH Antworten

Yes that does sound like another story!!!!

I'm checking to see if there are any W650's here in NZ, they look like a really cool bike.

I hadn't ridden for years and then just decided that my life was not complete without a bike in it. So I started looking on our local auction site and found Hubert my Estrella. I went to see him and just feel in love. He's so cool.

I read a quote the other day "4 wheels move the body but 2 wheels move the soul". I think so!

My kids love Hubert (I inherited my Estrellas name form the previous owner,) and think it is serioulsy cool to be picked up from school on the bike!

Talk soon

C

Cadfael Offline

25.05.2005 02:00
#43 RE:ESTRELLA THREAD IN ENGLISH Antworten

Hi Claire,

"Hubert"? What a lovely name!
Hope you pronouce it the German way "Hoo-beart" and not like "Hugh-bird"!
It's a German bike!

You pick up your children from school?
So you have a second seat?
The German A-version didn't have a second seat and no permission to carry two persons (as far as I know) - in diffence to the Japanese B-Version (which looks nearly the same). The German A-version just has a "grill" for luggage!

CU
Andreas

Claire Offline

25.05.2005 02:16
#44 RE:ESTRELLA THREAD IN ENGLISH Antworten

Kia Ora Andreas

The guy I bought it from made a pillion seat(as it was too expensie to import from Kawasaki).
He had an engineer put extra cross bar things on the carrier so it could take the extra weight and the little seat sits nicely on the carrier. It looks pretty good if I do say so myself!

I promise I will get photos to you soon so you can see the modifications. The seat comes off really esily so it can look original in a flash.

C

Cadfael Offline

25.05.2005 03:50
#45 RE:ESTRELLA THREAD IN ENGLISH Antworten

Kia Ora Claire,

thanx for the two photos of "Hubert"!

The members from overseas can watch (or show) their photos easyest by clicking "Global" in the menu. Choose your continent (maybe your country some day) and you'll find the memberlist. Click onto your Nickname and you'll see your Estrellas!

Here is one of the photos of "Hubert":

Everything but the back seat and the selfmade "foot rests" (don't know the correct expression) seams to be original. The mirrors and the indicators show that Hubert is a 1994 German A2 and tell him apart from the Japanese 1992 B1 version.

CU
Andreas

Seiten 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
 Sprung  
Der-Amazon-LinkW650 ForumAsbest
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz