Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
W650.deW650 ForumW-Tour/Treff-Kalender
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 11 Antworten
und wurde 655 mal aufgerufen
 W650/W800 Technik Bereich
Puffinbilly Offline

04.10.2016 21:13
Vibration noise at low revs Antworten

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum having just purchased a W650. It's a year 2000 model with 16000 miles on the clock. I took it for it's first run on Sunday and noticed that there was a noisy vibration at low revs. It sounded as though the fuel tank was resting directly on the frame with nothing isolating it. I've checked that it isn't loose and all seems fine though I haven't taken the tank off. It didn't affect the way the bike rode or handled but was a little unsettling until I became confident that nothing was going to fall off. Has anyone had this noise/problem or is there something else I might need to check. Apart from that I have to say it was a joy to ride.

[img][/img]|addpics|b1n-1-29f2.jpg|/addpics|

Mattes-do Offline

04.10.2016 21:36
#2 RE: Vibration noise at low revs Antworten

Hi!

When you hear those noisy vibrations, lay your hand onto the headlight. Any difference?

Gruß,
Mattes

manx minx Offline

04.10.2016 22:01
#3 RE: Vibration noise at low revs Antworten

The first generation Ws (maybe later ones, too. dunno) had a problem with the fit of the front lamp chrome ring. At a certain rpm range, it rattled. Most of us fixed the problem with fitting a small piece of sticky tape inside the ring, to give it a slightly better fit. Did the job.

Hope that solves the prob, and good luck!

(And congrats on a nice bike)

Puffinbilly Offline

04.10.2016 22:08
#4 RE: Vibration noise at low revs Antworten

Thanks for this guys. The bike is being stored in a friends garage while mine is being finished. I'll take a look on the weekend. This does sound promising though as the noise was coming from the front end.

I'll keep you posted.

Mattes-do Offline

04.10.2016 22:15
#5 RE: Vibration noise at low revs Antworten

Another possibility would be to clamp two or three dishwashing sponges into the lamp housing.

Gruß,
Mattes

manx minx Offline

05.10.2016 08:56
#6 RE: Vibration noise at low revs Antworten

Zitat
two or three dishwashing sponges into the lamp housing.

also comes in handy when you need to get the flies off yer visor

Puffinbilly Offline

09.10.2016 20:55
#7 RE: Vibration noise at low revs Antworten

Quick update, yes it is the headlight that is making the noise. Had a sunny Sunday afternoon ride (which is a rare thing in England in October) and holding onto the light, the noise stopped. I'll set about getting that fixed now. Thanks once again guys.

manx minx Offline

09.10.2016 21:25
#8 RE: Vibration noise at low revs Antworten

nice to read it wasn't more than that.

btw, any relationship with captain kangaroo?

Puffinbilly Offline

09.10.2016 22:13
#9 RE: Vibration noise at low revs Antworten

I'm glad about that too.

No I don't share any gene's with antipodean marsupials. Though I'm sure he's a very nice person.

w-paolo Offline

10.10.2016 01:22
#10 RE: Vibration noise at low revs Antworten

And what's about Burt Munro ??

Paul.

Es gibt nur einen Jahrhundert-Reifen !

decet Offline

10.10.2016 05:47
#11 RE: Vibration noise at low revs Antworten

Oh oh - der ist aus Neuseeland - weder die Kiwis noch die Känguruhs wollen mit dem jeweils anderen verwechselt werden

Alkoholfreies Bier... schmeckt richtig, ist aber falsch.

manx minx Offline

10.10.2016 07:39
#12 RE: Vibration noise at low revs Antworten

not the genes, the name. "puffin billy" was what the bbc's captain kangaroo kicked off with way back when people still believed that horlicks is good for you. but never mind, even back then the show wasn't all that funny.

Oel absaugen »»
 Sprung  
Der-Amazon-LinkW650 ForumAsbest
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz