Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
W650.deW650 ForumW-Tour/Treff-Kalender
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 7 Antworten
und wurde 536 mal aufgerufen
 W650/W800 Technik Bereich
edwin Offline

07.04.2013 11:25
Clickedy-clackedy gearbox Antworten

Hi everybody,

not only my precious W800 says “Click”and “Clack” (especially when downshifting 4 to 3 and 3 to 2) but I hear (and read on the internet) that a lot of motorcyclegearboxes do the same. I wonder if these clickedy-clackedy sounds shorten the lifetime of the gearbox. And are there any tips to minimalise these sounds?
Reply in German esto no problemo.

Kind regards from Fryslân (The Netherlands) where we say OANT SJEN! (That’s Auf Wiedersehen)

Wännä Offline

07.04.2013 11:43
#2 RE: Clickedy-clackedy gearbox Antworten

Hi,

nearly everybody, who start cycling, reports these phenomena. After a while, the experience - to shift just in the right moment with just the correct shift-speed - will reduce those sounds.

There used to be some BMW-Drivers in the 70th, who shifted the gears nearly without "clack" and that wasn´t that easy with that bike.

Dont worry, be happy with your bike.

Werner

Freebiker Offline

07.04.2013 11:47
#3 RE: Clickedy-clackedy gearbox Antworten

do not think about it, just ride your bike and move your soul... just ride...

cu, freebiker

edwin Offline

07.04.2013 11:56
#4 RE: Clickedy-clackedy gearbox Antworten

Oh, you bet I'm riding my bike and moving my soul, but I have a very curious soul and just wonder how to beat the clickclack. At what time shifting down for example. Just for fun, you know what I'm sayin' brother.

Serpel Offline

07.04.2013 12:26
#5 RE: Clickedy-clackedy gearbox Antworten

Motorcycles’ gear boxes are not synchronized. Since the cogwheels are in permanent mesh, you can forget double-clutch and anything like that.

The best time to change gears (even without clutch) is the very first moment, in which the accelerator throttle is being closed and the drive train runs without forces.

Bests
Serpel

Wännä Offline

07.04.2013 13:20
#6 RE: Clickedy-clackedy gearbox Antworten

Zitat
but I have a very curious soul

welcome to the club . You ll fit to us .

Zitat
and just wonder how to beat the clickclack.

1. Dont relax the driving force before switching upwards! You ll get the loudest "KLACK" the gear box can produce.

2. Set your foot with a small amount of force upwards (no shift ! Just a little force) while accelerating the bike.

3. Actuate the clutch and shift the lever immediately into the "relaxing hole"

4. The gear shaft now will be turn little backwards (that ist to say, slower than normal turnig speed) due to the missing tension.

5. The slower speed may exactly fit to the new switched gear an the "clack" ist reduced.

Try it, your gear box will not be destroyed that fast. After a while you wont think about it - like the other drivers.

Take it easy !

Werner

edwin Offline

07.04.2013 19:27
#7 RE: Clickedy-clackedy gearbox Antworten

THNX guys.
I'll keep you posted!

gr.
=e=

edwin Offline

17.04.2013 10:29
#8 RE: Clickedy-clackedy gearbox Antworten

Hi di hi,
the tips you guys gave me, wurk. Not wonders, but they work. I can now shift gear with less noise. It nice to know a bit more about how a motorcyclegearbox works and how to treat it kindly.
Now is as good an opportunity as any to give you my highest compliments for this forum. It 's an everydays treat to read it. There are not so many forums this active and with useful information.
Next week I'm in Berlin. I've been there in 1980 and suspect a few changes .

Edwin

SR Tank »»
 Sprung  
Der-Amazon-LinkW650 ForumAsbest
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz