Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
W650.deW650 ForumW-Tour/Treff-Kalender
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 7 Antworten
und wurde 1.041 mal aufgerufen
 W650/W800 Technik Bereich
edwin Offline

13.05.2012 18:40
engine sounds/noise Antworten

Every time I take my W800 out for a spin I hear the engine make two kinds of noises. The dominant one is a lowish rumble, like every motorenthousiast likes and there is a higher pitched sound. At lower revs it sounds like a clicking, ticking valvalike sound and at higher revs it starts to sound like a humming bee. Like an elektronic device. It ‘s not that I’m worried, but I’m just curious as to what that sound can be. As soon as I let go of the throttle, the sound is gone. A soon as I open the throttle, the bee is back. The location is where the injection is placed.

Oh yeah, I 've got an new and original KAWA-windscreen ; if anybody is interested, I will sell it for 200 euro incl P&P europe (new 360 euro).
Edwin/The Netherlands

Friedo Offline

13.05.2012 18:48
#2 RE: engine sounds/noise Antworten

Hi Edwin,

I think it´s the mechanical and electrical noise from the injection unit.
No worry´s it´s normal

Greetings
friedo

"Smoking helps you lose weight -- one lung at a time!"

edwin Offline

23.05.2012 19:02
#3 RE: engine sounds/noise Antworten

Hi everybody,

my mechanic also doesn’t think there’s anything wrong and it seems indeed the sound belongs to the this engine. Nevertheless, my problem isn’t solved, because I can still hear it. Admittedly, I am a little picky when it comes to whining and buzzing noises. So I’m thinking of replacing the very civilised peashooterdampers/mufflers with something louder and darker so the buzz will disappear into the background. Can anybody give me some tips/hints? Kwak800 doesn't have to sound like a Harley, but a bit more into that direction would suit me.

Ulf Offline

23.05.2012 20:08
#4 RE: engine sounds/noise Antworten

claudia Offline

23.05.2012 20:17
#5 RE: engine sounds/noise Antworten

--- WWL-Befugte und Anführerin des Pott-Chapters DOW ---
Neuerdings Zwölfe mit Zurr, Plöpp, doing, doing, doing

Buy a W and get FRIENDS for free

manx minx Offline

24.05.2012 01:52
#6 RE: engine sounds/noise Antworten

mornin', edwin!

some idea where you are located would make suggestions re. exhaust alternatives a wee tad easier. if you are based in Germany, the choices are rather limited. if, on the other hand, you are in a country with somewhat less tightarsed legal situation, the world is your muffin!

(check out nassert, beet, peyton place osaka)

Ulf Offline

24.05.2012 08:32
#7 RE: engine sounds/noise Antworten

my dear Manx,
this muffin is a gouda
(and well acquainted with Edit)

anyway yours sincerely
Ulf

manx minx Offline

24.05.2012 15:26
#8 RE: engine sounds/noise Antworten

heh heh.

pity, as the goodies from over here won't help him then. oh well, there is always da sepp.

Sprung  
Der-Amazon-LinkW650 ForumAsbest
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz