Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
W650.deW650 ForumW-Tour/Treff-Kalender
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 27 Antworten
und wurde 6.383 mal aufgerufen
 Estrella
Seiten 1 | 2
ursula Offline

25.05.2005 09:07
small talk Antworten

claire- my kids go to a state school.
But being a building biologist I know the theories of Steiner and I know some people who live accordingly.
For my kids 12/7/6 it was simply a matter of going to the same school as their friends.
I'm off to work now -CU later

W650 - DoW und WWL-Befugte

und ich sag trotzdem meine Meinung !!

claudia Offline

25.05.2005 10:41
#2 RE:small talk Antworten

Hi Claire,
just to say a short "Hallo". I'm also part of the W- and Estrella Fan Club and one of those "bad girls" like my friend Ursula is... (just kidding)
It is great to have you here and I look forward to hear from you soon.
Have a nice day and enjoy your bike!
Claudia

--- WWL-Befugte und Anführerin des Pott-Chapters DOW ---

IHR SEID GROSSARTIG!!!!

Claire Offline

25.05.2005 11:51
#3 RE:small talk Antworten

Hi gals

The weather is pretty touch and go here at the mo. A bit rainy and cold, but this afternoon it cleared up so Hubert and I went for a quick spin. It was lovely. I am an insurance broker so my hours are pretty flexible.

Hopefully this weekend I will be able to get some nice photos of the bike and I will post them onto this site.

Talk soon

C

dergelbeUlrich Offline

25.05.2005 14:43
#4 RE:small talk Antworten

Hi there ! Sorry for interrupting you, but a question which appears rather often in the german forum : insurance costs...

How much do you charge yourself for insurance down-under in Nieuw Zeeland?

Greetings from an area close to THE Zeeland in NL!
U.

Ohne Rad/t kein Freud

ursula Offline

25.05.2005 17:38
#5 RE:small talk Antworten

and we're looking forward to a bright and sunny and warm bank holiday
- alas my W is in for her 24k service so it'll be the weekend at the soonest.

Claire - you're preparing for winter - can you ride all year, or is the NZ winter to winterish to ride ?
Over here most of us do not ride roundabout october/november through april

And this year spring has kept us waiting far to long .... so at the moment everybody is desperate to get going again

w-paolo Offline

25.05.2005 17:55
#6 RE:small talk Antworten

In Antwort auf:
...most of us do not ride roundabout october/november through april...

But there are still some very hard drivers among the German crow too, which ride all thru the year.

PAULLE,
the one with the heat-handles, rocking around the year.
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Der Bundesverkehrsminister warnt: "W-Fahren macht süchtig bzw. es erzeugt suchtähnliche Rauschzustände !"
___________________________________________________________________________________________

ursula Offline

25.05.2005 17:58
#7 RE:small talk Antworten

yeah - hard riders with electrical heating

dergelbeUlrich Offline

25.05.2005 19:24
#8 RE:small talk Antworten

And those who live close to the sea have no problem getting through the winter on two wheels - the bit of salt which is put on the roads occasionally doesn't worry us too much - it's in the air all year round anyway... .
U.

Ohne Rad/t kein Freud

Claire Offline

25.05.2005 21:36
#9 RE:small talk Antworten

Kia Ora Ursula

Yes we can ride all year round.

Where I live in the lower part of the North Island it does not snow. I am right on the coast.
Although the North Island has great ski fields etc the snow it does not affect too many towns. Wheres the South Island can get a lot more snow than us on the plains. Usually only a couple of times a year though.

The biggest problem for riders in Wellinton is the wind. You have to be a pretty brave rider to head out in a "southerly buster" When I was younger and didn't have a car, I rode my RD400 in all weather, but now I tend to be a bit more of a chicken

I do like the idea of heated hand grips. I notice a lot of the BMW's here have them. I may have to investigage.

Good morning all.

C

Claire Offline

25.05.2005 21:41
#10 RE:small talk Antworten

Hallo

Unfortunatly I do not write motorcyle insurance, but as a matter of interest I paid.
$222.00 or about 1,240 Euro per year to insure my Estrella for $4500 NZ about 2,500 Euro.

Hope this is of interest to you.

C

dergelbeUlrich Offline

25.05.2005 22:55
#11 RE:small talk Antworten

I was mainly wondering what kind of rebates you may get from your colleagues
U.

Ohne Rad/t kein Freud

Claire Offline

29.05.2005 12:19
#12 RE:small talk Antworten

Hi U

Rebates from my friends! No they are way too cheap for that

The guy I bought my bike off told me that the Estrella was based on a BSA design, but a friend of mine has a 1953 Triumph and my bike looks a lot like that too. Does anyone know for sure what the Estrella is based on?

thanks

Claire

Cadfael Offline

29.05.2005 12:37
#13 RE:small talk Antworten

Hi Claire,

click http://www.bj250.de/html/modelle.html and scroll down.

There's the "Meguro 250". Kawasaki bought the second biggest motorcycle producer Meguro in the early 60s. So, the Meguro 250 was one of the first Kawasaki bikes (it's a little bit more complicated - only short version).

But all Japanese bikes in the 50s and 60s were influenced by British (especially "BSA" and "Matchless") and German bikes (especially "NSU").

The Estrella isn't based on any special bike, but she revives the Japanese tradition of copying British/German style and technique of the 50s.

CU
Andreas
Achtung, dies ist die Stellungnahme eines notorisch oberlehrerhaften und besserwisserischen Dummschwätzers

Cadfael Offline

30.05.2005 09:10
#14 RE:small talk Antworten

Hi Claire,

your children are going to learn German?
A nice task / challenge for them would be to translate the "Werkstatthandbuch" (repair handbook) into English!

CU
Andreas
Achtung, dies ist die Stellungnahme eines notorisch oberlehrerhaften und besserwisserischen Dummschwätzers

Dünnling Offline

30.05.2005 11:46
#15 RE:small talk Antworten

That would really be a nice task. Especially some parts seem to be translated from Japanese into German Dutch speaking Chinese...

Seiten 1 | 2
«« Off Topic
 Sprung  
Der-Amazon-LinkW650 ForumAsbest
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz