Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
W650.deW650 ForumW-Tour/Treff-Kalender
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 27 Antworten
und wurde 6.383 mal aufgerufen
 Estrella
Seiten 1 | 2
Cadfael Offline

30.05.2005 12:11
#16 RE:small talk Antworten

Hi Andreas,

Well; we have at least 3 Dutsh speakers in our forum! Susanna, Velda or DerGelbeUlrich (which means "the yellow Ulrich") would surely help Claire's kids translating it!

Has anyone even seen or heard of an English users manual or repair handbook for the Estrella?

CU
Andreas
Achtung, dies ist die Stellungnahme eines notorisch oberlehrerhaften und besserwisserischen Dummschwätzers

dergelbeUlrich Offline

30.05.2005 22:00
#17 RE:small talk Antworten

In Antwort auf:
DerGelbeUlrich (which means "the yellow Ulrich")

Oooops - never thought of the english translation - Don't like it - although it's not totally wrong still trying to get to my limits - carefully...
I chose it because I'm one Ulrich/Uli/U. among many, but the only one with a cute, small yellow licence plate (NL). German bikes have huge white plates, they normally get them from Pizza Hut (family size) - and these plates are occasionally stolen by homeless people who need a shelter for their family (one serves a family of 4 - more or less).
My yellow plate also has the advantage that locals in the mountains can insult me when I'm riding only at or slightly below speed limit - I'm not supposed to understand them. So I just ignore them - although I have a good knowledge of a variety of W-alpine dialects...
U.

Cadfael Offline

30.05.2005 22:50
#18 RE:small talk Antworten

Hi Rodorinx, Estrellitam & Claire,

Our Flying Dutchman is certainly wrong!

If you pass the driving / riding test with only one try, you get a white number plate. If you fail three times, you get a yellow number plate!

What's the sign for a blind?: A yellow armband with three black dots.
What's the sign for a blind biker?: A yellow number plate with black letters!

But nevertheless Ulrich, I had a wonderful time reading your Message!

BEST wishes from someone
who grew up 5 miles away from the Netherlands
Andreas
Achtung, dies ist die Stellungnahme eines notorisch oberlehrerhaften und besserwisserischen Dummschwätzers

W-Pferd Offline

31.05.2005 02:26
#19 RE:small talk Antworten

In Antwort auf:
If you fail three times, you get a yellow number plate!

By the way, if you fail the theoretical part of your exam three times, then you also had to apply a sticker with the lettercombination "NL" on your car, to warn other people you have _no license_ ! In Netherland, where this happens pretty often NL also means "niet lopen", what is an order for pedestrians not to walk on roads when these drivers are close by.
Unfortunalety they stopped these practics nowadays, now you get these small letters stamped into your numberplate.

Cadfael Offline

31.05.2005 07:24
#20 RE:small talk Antworten

Hi W-Pferd (W-Horse),

RIGHT! An the "D" is for "Driver"!

Yes; the Germans love their neighbours! The ones who love each other tease each other (a German saying).
Anonther JOKE (!!!): The worst thing to happen is if a Polish rider marries a Dutch rider! Why? Because their children steal bikes but they are not able to ride ...

@Claire: You told me the Kiwis love the Australians. Do you have similar jokes?

And what about Japan and the rest of the world?
Any jokes about the German?

Peace
Andreas

Claire Offline

31.05.2005 07:35
#21 RE:small talk Antworten

Oh yes we LOVE Australians

What do you called a sophisticated Australian? A Kiwi of course!

Boom Boom

C

ursula Offline

31.05.2005 07:41
#22 RE:small talk Antworten

und ich sag trotzdem meine Meinung !!

W650 - DoW und WWL-Befugte

phaedrus Offline

31.05.2005 10:23
#23 RE:small talk Antworten

A friend always call Australia "Western Provinces"

That gives "go west young man" a completely different connotation.

Andreas

... ... ... (Nach Bedarf auszufüllen)

Estrellitan Offline

31.05.2005 11:04
#24 RE:small talk Antworten

Hi! Claire and Andreas.
I think Estrella is another "Meguro 250". Meguro was a big name, famous brand of motorcycle manufacture. They offered "Police Bike" too. Now, as Andreas say, the fundamental shape and concept of Estrella are from "Meguro 250.... and "Meguro.... " studied British and German bikes. I don't know by when Kawasaki will continue to produce her, and I don't know the reason Kawasaki continue to produce her, but I hope she alives for a long time. I should say
good one should be left.
By the way Estrella is the first kawasaki's and the 7th bike for me. The reason I bought it is I felt nostalgia of her shape and single piston. I may remember "Old Meguro Period" and I thought the base of bike is in "single".
I enjoy test run.

Tks.
Estrellitan

Cadfael Offline

31.05.2005 15:40
#25 RE:small talk Antworten

Hello,

I moved the "Meguro history" to an own thread! More than just "small talk" I think ...

But now for something completely different: Small talk!

Michael (Stadtratte had his 1000 entry today!
Uli has 2999 by now and
Claire already has deserved one little star (with 20 entries)!

CU
Andreas

Dünnling Offline

01.06.2005 18:21
#26 RE:small talk Antworten

Hi Estrellitan, is there a possibility to get pictures of old Meguro signs / logos / patches?
Everyone knowes the Kawasaki Writing on the Estrella, but how did the writing on a Meguro 250 look like?

Regards,

Andreas (who is trying to import some Japanese customising traditions...)

EDIT: Sh!t, just read Caedfaels posting... so I'm moving...

Cadfael Offline

04.06.2005 08:47
#27 RE:small talk Antworten

Konnichiwa from Germany (good morning)
and Konbanwa to Japan and New Zealand! (good evening)

Domo arigaton Estrellitan! (thank you)
But this time I made it right, hai?! (yes?!)

I found a small dictionary (about 50 words) on the internet.
The only words I knew in Japanese before were Kamikaze, Kimono, Shogun, Teno, Sushi and hai. The word "hai" (=yes) is easy to remember for Germans because "Hai" in German means "Shark"! There might be differnenes between the English and German writing of the Japanese words.

Now I can imagine how hard it must be for Rodorinx and you to write in English!

Mata ne - or would you say - ittekimasu? (I'll be seeing you)
Sayonara (goodbye) + CU
Andreas

apfelanja Offline

22.03.2011 16:28
#28 RE: RE:small talk Antworten

Maybe my english become better, if I try to write something. Oh, yes i write what i like. I like the sitcome modern family. I get a Link that other user can see what i mean. Modern Family

Seiten 1 | 2
«« Off Topic
 Sprung  
Der-Amazon-LinkW650 ForumAsbest
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz