Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
W650.deW650 ForumW-Tour/Treff-Kalender
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 3 Antworten
und wurde 431 mal aufgerufen
 W650/W800 Technik Bereich
edwin Offline

11.07.2013 11:13
Bumble bee Antworten

Hee everybody,

a short while ago I posted a message about the sound of the chain behind the sprocket cover (Ritzelabdeckung). There was some talk about the overheating of the Gangsensor, but nevertheless I undertook an experiment with the goal to dampen some of the annoying high pitched sound of the chain.
What I did was removing the cover and lining the inside with some aluminium mesh and vulcanising rubber tape all glued with some heat resisting doublesided polyester tape to the cover.
1.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)2.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
The lower two holes are kept open in order to give the Gangsensor some cooling wind. With the venturi-effect of the moving air, I suspect that the possible warm air behind the cover is pulled out with a cooling effect as a result. 3.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
There’s also an amount of “sound leakage” through the gap between the sprocket cover and the engine block. I put some heat resistant putty in that gap. 4.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

All in all this exercise proved to be successful, because the high pitched sound is dampened quite a bit. Of course you can hear some chain noise, but the overexcited bumblebee is gone and that was my goal.

When the heat resistance of the used materials proves to be a problem or the Gangsensor gets some issues, I will get back on this experiment. But the used materials are all capable of resisting +200 C temperatures, so I suspect that won 't be a problem.

ingokiel ( gelöscht )
11.07.2013 18:20
#2 RE: Bumble bee Antworten

Cool!

Soulie Offline

11.07.2013 18:31
#3 RE: Bumble bee Antworten

Endlich sind die hässlichen Löcher zu.

I like the way You closed these ugly holes!

piko Offline

11.07.2013 18:39
#4 RE: Bumble bee Antworten

Na hoffentlich hält der Spaß ... nicht daß sich das Kaninchengitter um's Ritzel wickelt?! ...

piko

warum einfach, wenn's auch kompliziert geht

Sprung  
Der-Amazon-LinkW650 ForumAsbest
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz